Sybelius anyone?

Forums for Windows PC computers
Jensen

Sybelius anyone?

Post by Jensen »

Hi,

I'm looking for software to write sheet music in realtime as I play it on the keyboard, have the ability to edit the sheet music, maybe select measures and re-record parts, and then output this to a PDF or print from. I do not need orchestra and multi-track abilities, just for piano would be fine.

Is Sybelius the only option for this, do you recommend it, or can you point me in the direction of something that would suit these needs?

Thanks very much,

Jensen
Silver Dragon Sound

Re: Sybelius anyone?

Post by Silver Dragon Sound »

You may want to look at Finale as well. If I'm not mistaken both Sibelius and Finale or at least one of them have light versions that may also fit the bill. There is another program called Notion that might fit the bill but its a bit pricey and may be way more than what you need.
Moray

Noteworthy Composer

Post by Moray »

I've been using Noteworthy Composer since it's bet testing days and it has an amazingly responsive user network and developer.

I used keyboard and mouse to input most of the data but you can link up a midi keyboard, although not for realtime entry I think, just step recording using the keyboard to select notes or chords.

Also, it's cheap and very easy to use.

Moray
Patrick_

Post by Patrick_ »

I don't have Sibelius but I know a friend who does, and I've seen him use it. It's great for notation. If you sight read proficiently, you'd probably like it.
tzoid

Post by tzoid »

Finale PrintMusic is a slightly downsized version of Finale, that I think suit your needs. I have used it previously with good results.

---
New here? Check this out!