Tracking Thru Pro Tools

Forums for Windows PC computers
Dre Duece

Tracking Thru Pro Tools

Post by Dre Duece »

yo i got an x6 and i got it slaved 2 my mbox 2 to record my tracks thru pro tools, and sometimes the tracks will be delayed when i put it thru pro tools, i wanted 2 know the best way 2 put my tracks on thru pro tools and how u guys do it
jsepeta

protools le / mpowered

Post by jsepeta »

I use an mbox2 w/ le 7.3 and a fw1814 w/ mpowered 7.3 but have not recorded midi into protools, just audio.

---
helping unwed pregnant mothers get their start
http://lo-res.com/gear/instruments.htm
fantomee

Re: Tracking Thru Pro Tools

Post by fantomee »

Dre, i have the same set up as you and i never got problem with delay when tracking my beats. my suggest is go over your setting on fantom x and protool once again and make sure they are all set up correctly. also, any problem, prootools forum is a good place to visit.

hope you find your solution soon.

cheers!
Dre Duece

Post by Dre Duece »

Yo Fantomee what settings do u use 4 ur fantom
thunderkyss

Post by thunderkyss »

the easiest way to do it, would be to hit record on Protools, with only the midi tracks active. I'd record everything into ProTools on one track, then use the split function to seperate them to individual tracks.

I haven't use PT in a long while, so I can't tell you off the top of my head, what the function is called.

But, after your midi tracks are in PT, just route them back to the fantom, mute the tracks you don't want, and record the audio, two tracks at a time(I think with an MBox).... don't have to worry about sync'ing the Fantom, because PT is playing & recording the music, it will all be sync'd automatically.

there shouldn't be any lag or anything.

FantomX8
FantomS
AW4416
Now all I need is talent.
Anyone selling any talent??
member # 55
registered 21 May 2003
tundrkys98@yahoo.com Yahoo messenger: tundrkys98
Tiger Fleetwood

Post by Tiger Fleetwood »

What I Do is use spdif from FX6 to Mbox and solo each track. Set FX6 to remote. Set PT as master. Change PT tempo to FX's tempo. And I insert one bar at the begining so FX and PT can sync up, then when I'm finish i'm good.