VST synths -- Poizone, PPG, and Kontakt 2...

Forums for Windows PC computers
SammyJames

VST synths -- Poizone, PPG, and Kontakt 2...

Post by SammyJames »

Okay -- LET ME REPHRASE THE QUESTION:

Has ANYONE on this forum had any experience with the above-mentioned VSTi synths? If so, please add YOUR comments.

Thanks.

- Sammy

Sammy James has been approved for use by people who need approval.

http://www.sammyjames.com/music.htm
HiveHead

Re: VST synths -- Poizone, PPG, and Kontakt 2...

Post by HiveHead »

Hi Sammy

I've got Kontakt 2 and Kontakt Experience. I have had problems with it. The install instructions are ambiguous and i never got the browser working properley. I have alot of NI stuff and i've not had any installation issues before. I had a project in SONAR recently that just would not open - 1 instance of Kontakt 2 in it. I had to uninstall K2 in order to get the project back. I have not re-installed.

If you are looking - i got a deal from B&H Photo in NY (my wife picked it up for me when she was on business there - i'm in UK) It was K2 + Experience + tutorial DVD as a bundle.

Matthew
SammyJames

No one around here ever gets my posts...

Post by SammyJames »

I'm learning how to pare my posts down.

Thanks for offering the software to me. I already own Kontakt 2. I am merely hoping to spark a discussion about these great synths. I can always learn new things, so I'm hoping that some of you might have some positive experiences to share.

- Sammy

"I don't suffer from insanity; I love every minute of it!"

HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

"Thanks for offering the software to me. I already own Kontakt 2. "

Errrr....I was'nt.
D.U.Soul

Post by D.U.Soul »

I have the PPG soft synth and love it. Instal was simple and my X6 plays it perfectly, running through Cubase Studio 4. The sounds are just like the original keyboard that I had and are easily manipulated for that unique PPG sound. The soft version does not contain the sequncer section, but I thought it was pretty ordinary on the original anyway.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Yes. I agree. I had to go to the Waldorf site to download a patch (because it was crashing Cubase 4!) but when I did that, it worked perfectly. I also love that sound. It brinngs me back to the 80s big-time.

And Matthew -- sorry, my mistake. I got the impression that you were hoping to unload your copy, but I'm happy that you've chosen to keep it. If you need some help with the install, email me (find my email on my profile page, or go to my web site).

Later.

- Sammy

"I don't suffer from insanity; I love every minute of it!"