who has upgraded Cubase SX3 to 4

Forums for Windows PC computers
jsepeta

who has upgraded Cubase SX3 to 4

Post by jsepeta »

I'm interested in reading feedback from owners of SX3 who have upgraded to the current version, 4 or 4.1. Pros? Cons? Wondering if I should get this upgrade or wait.
SammyJames

Re: who has upgraded Cubase SX3 to 4

Post by SammyJames »

***POST DELETED BY AUTHOR***

Upon review, I realize how stupid my response was.

- S
solutionsagent

Post by solutionsagent »

Hello,

I purchased Cubase 4. Depending upon the operating system and system you have, you may want to wait.

If you check out the cubase.net and steinberg forums, you will notice that there are still plenty of bumps in the new software they are trying to smooth out...

For instance it was not stable whatsoever on OSX 10.4.11 (the latest Tiger build). Steinberg Support was unable to help me and stated that they need time to catch up with the new operating systems. Also true, is that the software is new and they still have some bugs to work out.

Although I have chosen to keep the software, there are a couple workarounds that I am using. Several of the new Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4 users on the other forums are using workarounds as well.

So just be cautious. Even though they say you can't return the software, you can if you recently purchased it. So keep that in mind.

In my opinion, it was released prematurely. But, I have decided to keep my copy and believe that Steinberg will not let their ship sink.
SammyJames

I agree -- there are some bugs...

Post by SammyJames »

The biggest one for me is that the soft synths, in particular the Monologue and Epilogue or whatever it is, they no workie. I mean that they work, but they cause my processor to go into overdrive. I don't understand this -- I'm using a 2.33 GHz Core2Duo, so you'd think that the computer would be able to handle a monophonic synth.

Whatever. Anyway, the rest of the program is pretty good. I like it a lot better than ProTools any day of the week. And I can't use Sonar. Logic is too expensive, so this was my best bet. I'm happy with it overall.

- S
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, Logic Studio is now less than $500, plus it comes with a few extra applications for sound editing and live performances.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Artemio:

Yes, I had seen this somewhere recently. It does seem like a good program, and I do like Logic. However, right now I'm still playing with Cubase, and it seems to have calmed down since downloading the latest version.

Thanks for the tip!

- Sammy