is this computer good for 275.00

Forums for Windows PC computers
j burner

is this computer good for 275.00

Post by j burner »

whats up clan, i am in need of a computer wit a liitle cash. a guy wants to sell sell me this one for 275.00. it seems like a good deal but i just dont know. so i was wondering is this a good deal or should i hace him change some things. here are the specs. Intel E4500 dual core (Core 2 Duo) CPU
ECS 945GCT-M motherboard with dual and quad core support
2 gigs of PC6400 (800mhz) dual channel RAM
200 gig SATA hard drive
16X DVD/RW drive, SATA, lightscribe
Standard mid tower case
300 watt ATX power supply ....... thanks for your help and oh yeah he also has a amd dual processor for 325.
SammyJames

Re: is this computer good for 275.00

Post by SammyJames »

That sounds like a very good computer. At $275, I would wonder what is wrong with it. I mean, that is a 2.2 GHz dual-core with 2 Gigs of 800 MHz RAM? That is close to being as good as my MacBook Pro -- better on the RAM end -- and I paid about $2,300 for my Mac.

To put things into perspective:

Most new PCs have dual-core, but they also cost about $800 (For a mini tower) and two-three times that for Macs. Most of the ones that I've seen advertised on the web are 1.6 GHz-2.0 GHz, dual-core, and often they have 667 MHz RAM. Many also aren't upgradeable to the extent to which the one that you described apparently is.

200 Gigs of hard-disk space is pretty roomy. I have a 120 Gig drive in my Mac, and I can't add a second drive. (Most PCs have additional drive bays, and you can always add a Firewire drive, which I can also do, but it is nicer to have on-board drives.)

That is it, man. Good luck.

- Sammy
j burner

Re: is this computer good for 275.00

Post by j burner »

thanks sammy for your input , i try to do my homework but this computer stuff gets crazy . i think im gonna get it but i will be cautious of the price. thanks again sammy