Today's rant -- why

Forums for Windows PC computers
SammyJames

Today's rant -- why

Post by SammyJames »

I'm so sick and TIRED of seeing all of these ads from stupid manufacturers, claiming that "our product makes your recording experience mouse-free!" BALONEY!!! There is NO way that you can ever escape using a mouse, unless you plan to forego any VST or VSTi usage in a DAW.

It is that simple right now. Things MAY change. If I get my way, all VSTi windows will have focus, so that you can zoom around with the keyboard (or a well-appointed MIDI/USB controller). But right now, it won't work. You MuST use the mouse, or you must assign every stinking control on your BCR2000 or ReMOTE SL Zero to be able to access all of the knobs and sliders in FM8. (This is only one example, of course.)

I will give credit to the guys at Frontier Design. Their AlphaTrack looks like an innovative piece of equipment, and I'm strongly considering buying one. I like how the guy in their demo video says: "We weren't out to replace your mouse and keyboard -- we designed Alpha Track to complement your existing setup."

THAT is honesty. That is what I'm talking about.

Good night, and good luck.

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Today's rant -- why

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, I am considering opening a new section here, called "Sammy James Blog" ;-)
dani.squire

Post by dani.squire »

So mouse-free is a good thing??
Damn... so I have just given up the Fantom G...

lol

Just kidding... =)
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Artemio:

That's okay. I'm just killing time right now, because I'm out-of-work. Soon, I hope to be doing other things with my days, and I won't have time to spend posting here. (I know, I know... everyone is going to miss me, right...? RIGHT?!)

:)

And Dani:

Yes, you bring up a good point. I have no problems with the mouse. IN fact, I was excited that the VS2400 came with one. Editing using the mouse and the controls on the VS made me extremely productive.

- Sammy

P.S. I'm really gaining on you now... I have close to having about five percent of the number of postst that you have!