I'm doing somersaults!

Forums for Windows PC computers
SammyJames

I'm doing somersaults!

Post by SammyJames »

Guys:

I have never been happier with any of my synth workstations. EVER. I'm serious -- I'm flipping out at what I can do now!

The FM8 is SO awesome. What an incredible synth! And the Mono/Poly, PolySix, and MS20 are by far the best Korg synths that I've ever owned. The other two that I own -- Kontakt 3 and G-Force Oddity -- are equally amazing. (The Oddity sounds so much like a real Arp Oddyssey that I have trouble convincing myself that I'm not playing a real one...)

All of these are, of course, plug-ins. But my goodness! I can't complain any more about the sonic quality or the usability of these products!

- Sammy
Shambler

Re: I'm doing somersaults!

Post by Shambler »

I have recently bought NI's komplete synth bundle.

I'm still reserving judgement, I need to get over my aversion to any synth that you can't actually smell and know it's the real thing ;P
Igglethorpe

Post by Igglethorpe »

I feel the same. I've actually been loosing interest in making music lately because working through software has been such a pain. Whenever I try to do the most simple things ends up taking an hour to figure out and/or implement. I want a damn knob to turn, twist, push, whatever. I have yet to find a good software controller that actually works as advertised without running into all kinds of problems.

I dunno... I'm glad I sold my hardware at a very small loss (before the G was announced) so that switching back to hardware won't be a big issue. It looks like I may very well do that.

I just haven't been feeling the love for software synths.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

I bought a Novation Remote SL 61. The nice thing about the Remote is that you can cycle through pages on the keyboard, each containing all of the on-screen parameters (in groups of eight or sixteen at a time) so that you can control every parameter in a synth.

- Sammy

P.S. If you want A KNOB to turn, check out the CC121 at Stenberg.net.