Which computer software recorder sequencer program is bette

Forums for Windows PC computers
KRE8A

Which computer software recorder sequencer program is bette

Post by KRE8A »

To accomplish the nitty gritty editing, and to complete the mastered mixdown from hardware, and to also perform these actions in a software program, which would you go for, Ableton live or cubase sx. These are the two sequencers i'm looking at. I don't know which would be best suited for my criteria. At the moment i am studying how to use cubase sx. Am i wasting my time with it. Should i go with ableton, as this recorder sequencer is industry standard for dance music. Thanks to anyone who can direct me on the right path for the software program.
KRE8A

Re: Which computer software recorder sequencer program is b

Post by KRE8A »

Well, i have both programs. So therefore, why dont i play with both. Only difference with the two, is the set up and sounds
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Hey KRE8A:

I use Cubase 4, upgraded from the old Cubase SE 1. I like Cubase because I am accustomed to the tape-machine style of work-flow. But recently, I had been toying with the idea of switching to Ableton. However, when I discovered that I could create patterns and chain them together in Cubase, I decided to keep it and forget about Ableton.

Even so, you may want to consider using Ableton. I do believe that, as you say, it is the industry standard for dance music. And if you have the full version, then you have a bunch of synths and effects that are supposed to be way-cool. That's just my view, but it sounds like you are on your way.

Take care.

- Sammy
stanley

Post by stanley »

Hi Kre8a,

i have cubase sx n ableton live...i end up doing most of my sequencng on Ableton live... although complicated its very easy to use n ull find bleton really good for dance production...u cud also map ur keybrd keys to most of its tweaking abilities...
KRE8A

Hi Guys

Post by KRE8A »

Music world is my serious passion. Using Hardware is my most favourite. Software recorder sequencers, 50% to my liking. Other than that, getting more use to Cubase SX day by day and starting to enjoy it.

Cheers for your post, fellers.