best for pads/ atmos sounds

Forums for Windows PC computers
Keys49

best for pads/ atmos sounds

Post by Keys49 »

I was wondering what is some of the better software sounds that make soft pads / atmos stuff. Is this Omisphere the best?
Sprockett

Re: best for pads/ atmos sounds

Post by Sprockett »

Spectrasonics Omnisphere is amazing but if you've been looking into it you probably know it's also quite expensive. Check out Absynth from Native Instruments as well. It's quite good and I've found even the patches out of the box are very useable. Plus, it's almost half the price.

Or you could become a VSTi addict like me and buy both. My wallet is always empty and my hard drive is always full :)
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Along the same lines- maybe check out Kore Player and see if some of the expansion packs would give you enough for your pad-fetish. It's chearp- although if you get addicted- you will end up spending more than Omnipshere and RMX combined.
I would definately put Omnisphere on a wish list if you have the money and horsepower- it definately is an instrument that is ahead of its time in all sences.
da-man

Post by da-man »

patch edit.....

Seriously I use some of the xv pad sounds and just change the waves.

You can create so many cool pads its really up to your imagination. You can put some of them a 5th up (7 tones) for a very cool sounding pad. You can add a vocal wav to saws or pads etc.......