Midi usb controller problems with Sequel

Forums for Windows PC computers
MonoTim

Midi usb controller problems with Sequel

Post by MonoTim »

I am using Sequel, and having issues with connecting my Korg NanoKey usb keyboard (yes I know, Korg? it was $50, I needed something portable).

The HP workstation I'm using has the Realtek HD audio card and I updated the drivers, on both the Realtek and the Korg, however still no sound. In Sequel , to set up the audio, it gives me HD audio rear output, and back line in input, but the USB keyboard does not show up as an input.

It's working fine on my notebook but not on my HP workstation, I sense it's the audio card, the workstation doubles as an HP Media Center. I'd move Sequel to my notebook but Sequel doesn't seem to like my processor speed on that machine, though other programs like Sonar LE do not have a problem with it.

Any possible solutions to getting the usb controller keyboard to work on my workstation?
SammyJames

Re: Midi usb controller problems with Sequel

Post by SammyJames »

Tim:

The problem that you described indicates no problems with the audio card. The USB connection from the NanoKey is separate from the audio path; the problem that you describe is a MIDI/USB issue.

I use Cubase, which is made by the same company as Sequel, Steinberg. Find the Devices Menu in Sequel (or whatever comparable menu you have there) and look for a "MIDI Devices" entry. That is where you need to set Sequel to recognize the keyboard.