Ableton vs Sonar

Forums for Windows PC computers
Patrick_

Ableton vs Sonar

Post by Patrick_ »

Any input? I have used Sonar LE and Abelton Live Lite but haven't really looked at the pro versions. I'm going to get one or the other and any ideas would be helpful.
da-man

Re: Ableton vs Sonar

Post by da-man »

Well if you've used both then you would be in the best position to make the call.

I found Ableton live way too complicated and my personal preference for usable interface that is efficient, intuitive and easy to use would be for Sonar. I would never consider Ableton live ever unless I was bored and had plenty of time to mess around.
HiveHead

Re: Ableton vs Sonar

Post by HiveHead »

Patrick

Well, just to keep it balanced - i'd go with Live (i have both). I think it depends alot on what type of music you want to make. Live is great for loop/sample manipulation and quickly recording hardware instruments and live performances. It also (naturally) hosts vst and vsti, but is not (IMO) as good at MIDI sequencing as SONAR. Live has some very capable effects, but so has SONAR. You have the demos - which do you prefer?

BTW - i'm not on the current versions yet - i'm happy with Live 6 and SONAR 6 PE - in fact i probably wont upgrade for a long time as i can do mostly anything i need in the versions i have.

M