my firepod Spdif IN isn't working

Forums for Windows PC computers
FANTOMSINGH

my firepod Spdif IN isn't working

Post by FANTOMSINGH »

hey guys i want to connect my fantom g thru spdif but i cat figure out how to hear my spdif in....im using vista ultimate with a presonus firepod....my fantom is recieving spdif from the firepod but i dont know if the firepod is recieving....i do know that if i dont have both the in and outcable connected in the firepod the light will keep blinking telling me that the firepod isn't synced....can some one please help?
Patrick_

Re: my firepod Spdif IN isn't working

Post by Patrick_ »

I connect my Fantom X to my PC using an EMU 1616 with the SPDIF connection. i'm not familiar with a firepod but I would presume it's a firewire connection. First thing would be the driver. Its good to check the manufacturers website for updated driver because oftentimes the driver that comes with the package may not be the latest or best version.

I don't know enough about your configuration to really give you any advice. What program are you using for digital audio? What have you done thus far to assure yourself that the PC and the Fantom are "talking to each other?" In other words, what's working and what isn't working?