ESI Juli@ - anyone using it ?

Forums for Windows PC computers
Nord72

ESI Juli@ - anyone using it ?

Post by Nord72 »

I have some questions about spdif settings.
Actually I've got only analog I/O working on this card (with optical out it setting my Kenwood receiver's word clock to the proper rate but no sound at all)
It supports up to 24 bit / 96 kHz.
Anyone could help me out with the settings ?

Thanx in adv.
SammyJames

Re: ESI Juli@ - anyone using it ?

Post by SammyJames »

I haven't specifically used the ESI, but I have had tons of experience installing and using successfully other PCI cards. Most notably, I've used the M-Audio stuff for years without a hitch.

It seems like the receiver is suspect. Kenwood might make great stuff, but it isn't pro. Consumer-grade equipment CAN work fine, but it could be that its S/PDIF input won't accept whatever signal that the card is putting out. Word clock signals notwithstanding, you might want to at least try some different output settings in the ESI's control panel. That is something about which I know nothing, but I'd be horribly surprised if you couldn't change the output format (say, from 24 bit / 96 k to 16/44.1).

It might be that simple. Try it to see.

- Sammy
Nord72

Re: ESI Juli@ - anyone using it ?

Post by Nord72 »

Hello,

After almost half year thanx for the advice, but I already sold this card, and now I ve got a Sony MD deck as a 24 bit digital interface beetwen my 01v and my Asus notebook.
Anyway I ve been never able to synchronize the ESI and the Kenwood receiver.
So actually the chain is Notebook spdif out -> Sony MD spdif I/O <- Yamaha 01v (other stuffs come into the old fashion analog way) via coax.
Its pretty good that the MD have 2 spdif in / 1 out and 1 coax i/o so the kenwood could be directly connected to the MD with the coax i/o.
And the word clock is well synchronized at 24 bit in both way.