NI -- really? -- come on...

Forums for Windows PC computers
SammyJames

NI -- really? -- come on...

Post by SammyJames »

Seriously guys. Look -- you have been on the cutting-edge for at least ten years. For you to suddently start imitiating Spectrasonics, just seems weird.

I mean, okay -- Paranormal SpectrUMS?! That isn't even a WORD -- "spectrums." It is spctrA -- and I know why you didn't use that word. You are afraid of people thinking that it's too close to SpectRAsonics -- which it is -- and frankly, which is why I won't buy your product.

I love many of your other products, including the groundbreaking FM7/FM8 and Massive. Why not keep improving those products, or break some NEW ground...?

I'm still a fan. Just remember that you don't have to imitate something as cool as Omnisphere to keep me interested. In fact, if you zagged, you might even get me back with you -- instead of with Omni.

Thanks. And understand that this comment wasn't intended to sound as angry as it might sound to anyone who works on those products. I'm actually trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, although I'm serious when I say that Omnisphere is unique, and that imitating it won't get you anywhere!!!

:)

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: NI -- really? -- come on...

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, you should have posted it at NI forum for better visibility:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forumdisplay.ph...

Anyway, I do understand your irritation, but look at all the word modifications made by brothas who make urban soundz from the streetz n' shit!
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

Spectrums?

I agree with Sammy.

In protest against NI, we will no longer be known as "The Knights who say NI."

Henceforth, we will be "The Knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing."

SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Artemiy:

Hey man -- thanks for the info. I could have posted this at a myriad of other sites for "better" visibility, but I'm trying to AVOID that!

:D

I am not looking to pick a fight with anybody. I would rate my comment as being tantamount to a satire piece on music software than anything. This is why I was saying that I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and that I wasn't really upset.

I wasn't. I was just poking fun at them is all. And in fact, I really do appreciate that NI exists and that they have succeeded in competing head-on with Spectrasonics. I'll tell you this much -- the cool thing about NI products is that they have much better hardware control capabilities over their software than Spectrasonics does. This is what happens when a software-only company tries to release only software -- they forget that real humans need to use their stuff.

I have a huge gripe with Omnisphere, because it is really a mouse-only product for editiing. Sure, you can definitely assign controllers for performance, but if I tried to do that to edit every single control in their software, I would need a larger apartment.

Anyway, good discussion here. I'm not going to push it anymore though. I said what I wanted to say.

Later.

- Sammy

P.S. And I won't really boycott NI. That was a bit of a joke... whether I ever end up purchasing Paranormal SpecTRUMs is anyone's guess... but I'm actually trying to avoid using samples when possible anyway. So I'm saying that it won't have anything to do with the name or their marketing angle. It will most likely have to do with what I'm trying to do musically, and this is something that I believe is defensible and --'

Oh, screw it. I'm ruining a pefectly funny thread, aren't I?
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

Grammar has an occasional drinking problem! . . . It's kinda sad, really. It's just not something that is talked about. . . .

sRa

Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

One more nail in the Grammar Wombat's coffin...

https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/jordanrudesskeyboa...

Jordan Rudess video tutorial called **Keyboard Wizdom** :-)
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

LOL :-D!! Wow, Grammar Wombat, that’s brilliant! LOL!! And the artwork is excellent as well.

Good ol’Monty Python…I’m surprised this thread doesn’t have more lols in it.
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

[Deleted by secret Roland agent]
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

I can't really disagree with SammJames when it comes to imitating names and the such.
But, aside all that, NI has really become the industey standard, at least when it comes to samplers/sample players. Most resepcted sample libraries almost always come in Kontakt/KontaktPlayer versions, making it possible to run them all through one environment. I run all of my big sample libraries, like EWQL symphonic Orchestra, LASS, Symphobia etc, through Kontakt 4. And this is really convenient to work with.