Connecting Drums To Computer

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
CanadianPersian

Connecting Drums To Computer

Post by CanadianPersian »

Can anyone please tell what i have to do to connect my roland TD-10 to my computer and be able to record what i'm playing? on that note, does anyone know how i could fix sound leaks in a roland vdrum?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Connecting Drums To Computer

Post by Artemiy »

To record your TD-10, you need to have an audio interface, like this one. Plug the TD-10's line out into the card's line in, then launch a recording application (like the free Audacity editor, or a workstation like Cubase, Cakewalk, GarageBand).
CanadianPersian

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/M ... -main.html would that work? i still don't know what i should do...
kustom56merc

Post by kustom56merc »

Hook up a cable from the headphone jack from your td 10, straight to your mic jack on your computer. You might want to download recording software anywhere you can find it.
CanadianPersian

what kinda of cable?
BongoPedro

Post by BongoPedro »

If you just want to record yourself playing solo you can use a small jack lead. This is a cable with a small walkman headphone plug on both ends. Your computer sound card should be capable of doing this through the microphone IN socket. You should get some decent wave editor like Soundforge or Adobe audition to capture to as this will allow you to edit the wave files and save tham in different formats.

If you want to jam along to other sequences you should get some sequencing software and a decent soundcard so that you can play track sequences whilst recording to other tracks whilst being able to hear both. Ableton Live is a good affordable option for this.