RC-505 toggle vs momentary bug?

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
johnnykeys1978

RC-505 toggle vs momentary bug?

Post by johnnykeys1978 »

Can anyone get an assign of REC/PLAY to act as a momentary switch as specified in the manual?

The Toggle / Momentary option seems to make no difference at all.

The switch pedals I am using to try this are all simple, single circuit on/off 'sustain' pedals for keyboards.
Each pedal has been tested by using a (roland fantom) keyboard recording MIDI events set to sustain into a DAW, and they work perfectly as intended:

Pedal pushed on means sustain = 127
Pedal let off means sustain = 0

The connection is a tip/sleeve mono plug.

The problem:

The assign works perfectly when set as toggle. But, change it to momentary and it still behaves in EXACTLY the same way. (record does not stop when you un press the pedal. Instead you have to re press it to stop.)

I have tried saving the setting and restarting, and factory resetting, basically everything I could possibly think of before posting here.

I could demonstrate this with a video if necessary.

Apart from this ... "bug?" This thing is awesome. :)
CBCB

Re: RC-505 toggle vs momentary bug?

Post by CBCB »

Hey! I got the exact same problem. Did u ever find an answer to this mystery ?
soundprayer

Post by soundprayer »

Yeah, that's buggy or at least hard to understand. Additionally I need to press every one pedal twice to do one of action!

(I use rc505 with fcb1010)
When configured REC/PLAY, to REC I need to press pedal twice and for PLAY again two times :( Why?
nanda

Post by nanda »

i also use the rc505 with the behringer fc & i face the same issue where every rec / play / stop function requires a double tap. i never understood why.