Need help with EZ-Compose on DR-880

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
dberlind

Need help with EZ-Compose on DR-880

Post by dberlind »

Hey all, Hopefully this message rises above the spam noise and someone can help me....

I have created a new pattern and hand entered a chord progression for that pattern....

The key is F and the pattern is 8 measures (from the chord progression point of view, the second 4 measures are a repeat of the first four measures). My kit is P10 which contains the FingrBass voice as its bass.

The progression is as follows:

Gm7 Bb Fsus4 Csus4

My understanding of EZ-Compose is that if you supply it with some basic info, it will auto-generate a bass pattern. So, when I go to EZ-Compose and pick "use current" (which basically says "use the existing chord progression"), or, if I pick anything... (for example, if I just randomly pick some chord progression)... it does not auto-compose any bass notes or playback any bass. I know the bass on the machine works because if I play some standard patterns, I can hear the bass.

It seems like I'm missing one setting that activates the bass or something.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks.
mgregory

Re: Need help with EZ-Compose on DR-880

Post by mgregory »

You press the EZ Compose > Pattern button and then scroll down to BASS and pick a bass line style. The style preview will play in the original key it was made in, but when exit out of that screen it will play to your chord progression.