FC-300 Sysex Patch Memory Issues

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
AllenStoker

FC-300 Sysex Patch Memory Issues

Post by AllenStoker »

Anyone out there using the FC-300? I just picked one up used, and while it generally works fine, I am having some trouble saving SYSEX code in patches.

I'm up to patch area 11, 12, 13 and I can enter some SYSEX steps and test them out, then I write them and they just disappear. Sometimes the steps are gone and sometimes they are overwritten by a dozen or more program change steps (all for channel 1, program 1). The actual PC and CC steps seems to be fine.

At this point I'm just trying to figure out if it's a bad unit or there is something else going on. I've only entered between 5 & 10 SYSEX commands per patch and I started at 1 so I don't believe I am out of memory, but having a computer background I am suspicious that this might be "bad" memory :(

Help !!
AllenStoker

Re: FC-300 Sysex Patch Memory Issues

Post by AllenStoker »

After some further playing around with this, it does not appear to be a memory issue, but rather a processing issue (either in the step copy function or the "write" itself). In one of my tests I simply added an innocuous CC message at the end of the chain just to avoid a sysex message at the end and it worked. I continued the rest of my programming adding an extra CC message to an unused channel on each patch and they all saved and recalled properly!

So ... anyone know how to submit a defect report to Roland??