Roland SPD SX muting audio?

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
BrandonD

Roland SPD SX muting audio?

Post by BrandonD »

Hi everyone, I've run into a minor issue with the Roland and I want to see if anyone here is familiar with it.

I use the SPD SX with my band, and I generally have 3 different tom samples on the upper pads so I can do tom rolls during live performances. I also play backing tracks through the SPD SX triggered by a foot pedal. This has worked great for the last 2 years.

At our show last night I was in the middle of a song and did a tom roll. I noticed that when I hit the pad on the upper far right it actually MUTED the audio of the backing tracks for a moment, and then the song continued. So for some reason that upper pad, instead of playing the tom sound that it normally plays, would act as a "mute audio" pad when it was triggered.

To clarify, it didn't actually STOP the backing track sample that I had triggered via foot pedal, but only muted it for a moment. Still, that is definitely not good for a live performance.

Is anyone here familiar with this problem? Is it a hardware/software issue, or did I accidentally change a setting that I'm not aware of? I don't tinker with the settings very much.

Any help is appreciated, thank you :)