Syncing RC505 from Pioneer DDJ SX2

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
RonPeru

Syncing RC505 from Pioneer DDJ SX2

Post by RonPeru »

Hello All,

I spent hours and hours trying to get this working, but I am a bit lost in options now.
I have a Pioneer DDJ SX2 and a RC505 Loopstation.

I use lots of loops and I want to sync the loops I have stored in the RC505 when playing tracks on my Pioneer DDJ SX2. Both are connected via USB to my laptop.

In theory it should be possible, I already changed the system setting in the Pioneer DDJ SX2 to forcefully using the unit as the general midi controller. In Serato DJ (The program which comes with the DDJ SX2) I can see the RC505 in the MIDI tab in setup, and is checked as use this device.

In the RC505 USB Mode is set to AUDIO/MIDI, MIDI Sync Auto, MIDI SyncSrc USB (AUTO), and have specified the controller source that will control the target to SYNC START/STOP.

But now way the RC505 Tempo updates and syncs to the BPM from SERATO and the DDJ SX2.

Can it be done ? Is there a specific setting I overlooked ?
Any help is much appreciated, as syncing manually is possible but not handy.
Thanks!
RonPeru

Re: Syncing RC505 from Pioneer DDJ SX2

Post by RonPeru »

Well, I got it working ! Finally !
But not with Serato, I discovered that Serato DJ somehow ´locks, or jails' you in.

Installed Traktor 2, loaded the mappings for my DDJ-SX2, installed a MIDI Loopback driver from nerds.de (Loopbe), added a generic MIDI Device in Traktor with outport to Loopbe, then launch MIDI-OX on my PC to map the OUT port (Loopbe) to the IN port from the RC505. Then in Traktor configure MIDI Sync, Hit the metronome Button, push start (When you have your tracks on your decks in SYNC) and ...... It Works !!!
Now I have 500 Sampler and Loops at the touch of a button in SYNC with my tracks !!

Crucial is the order of the order of launching the different programs, components.

- Power on DDJ SX2 AND RC505, get the RC505 IN USB AUDIO/MIDI mode
- Launch Traktor 2
- Launch MIDI-OX

It is possible ! :)