Boss RC 505 USB Sync Cable/Gen Gear

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
TmMD13

Boss RC 505 USB Sync Cable/Gen Gear

Post by TmMD13 »

Hello all,

So I just got the Boss RC 505 and I am rather new to all of this in general so I had some questions about compatible starter gear for the machine and best recommendations.

The main question I would like to address is, specifically, what type of USB sync cable should I get?
I've been searching online and found several that seem like they would work but they seem to be marketed for printers and such.

Additionally, I've been looking for a small compatiable speaker system that I can play the sounds through for when I don't want to be wearing the headphones or want to demo what I've made with friends etc.

Thanks in advance.
Electribe_noodler

Re: Boss RC 505 USB Sync Cable/Gen Gear

Post by Electribe_noodler »

It's just a regular USB type B cable, like you would use for a printer. USB is a standard, don't over think it. The RC505 is mass-storage class and thus doesn't need special drivers IIRC, you just get a nice directory structure to copy stuff to/from. It also sends USB MIDI so you can sync with other devices, but you can use regular MIDI too. The outputs are at line level and can go in to anything really, you could use a Y cable and attach it to most stereos through the aux input. eBay is a great place if you want to buy a small amp and speakers.