DR-880 Midi

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Kilboot

DR-880 Midi

Post by Kilboot »

I am really hoping to get an answer on this one. I currently run a DR-880 with a laptop as a soloist (one man band) off of an old Cubase SE program run from a laptop. Does anyone out there recommend an easier way to do this on an ipad without busting the bank for Cubasis? (I've installed a midi sequencer program on my ipad but was let down by it's complexity [Genome]) I only need the Midi part of this. What I do now is put the song together on the 880 first (normally 8 patterns or so spliced together to make a song (bass included) and record them as midi parts on the laptop (dissolving parts to separate Bass and drums tracks) then I can play it back and it magically "plays" the 880. I've been doing this for about 6 years now but I always seem to run into compatibility issues with the Cubase program (it's not agreeing entirely with windows 8) What happens is the beginnings of the song sometimes lag. If anyone out there can help me with this I'd be most grateful!
Kilboot

Re: DR-880 Midi

Post by Kilboot »

OK, so now I've cried "UNCLE" and downloaded Cubasis (was a lot less expensive than I imagined) but now I have another problem, my ipad cannot connect to my 880. When I plug the 880 into the ipad (with USB midi) it recognizes the 880, but I get this message saying something like "Boss DR-880 not connected". Ipad is definitely not preparing a driver for this, is there a specific driver available for the 880 with an ipad?