Roland PC-300 Win10 Drivers...

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
SlickClick

Roland PC-300 Win10 Drivers...

Post by SlickClick »

Hi; new to the forums but had a break through last night (& want to Share..!) on some old equipment I had laying around that I fixed and used to work in the XP days... I started tinkering with an old version of FLStudio in Win10 and broke out the Roland PC-300 and tried to hook it up and like most others ran into Driver Issues...
I came across a few internet posts here and there on the subject; I came across one that looked very promising too... They took the UM-1 Driver and re-scripted it for the PC-300; but when I tried that file code it would not recognize the unit still...
(Source, Poster "DieMongo": http://gkmcd.blogspot.com/2011/12/rolan ... ows-7.html )

I've been an IT technician for over 20 years now and looked at the DeviceId of the unit and long story short the Code used in the Modified UM-1 Driver was looking for a device at USB address ending with "9"... But my PC-300 was reporting as everything exactly the same except the last digit was "8" (which I suppose Identifies the Hardware/Firmware Revision and/or DeviceId)...

As soon as I changed that Digit and Installed the Driver the Keyboard Power Light Turned Right On and FLStudio had it all Setup as an Input for use... Im even able to even turn the power switch on and off and the PC still detects it each time; so far...

How to Install the following Driver:
First you will need to RESTART YOUR PC IN ADVANCED MODE:
Click the Windows/Start Button and begin to type "Startup Options" and select the Counter-Clockwise Arrow Circle Icon; this will launch the Advanced Restart Menu...
You will see a menu pop up and you will select the "Restart" Button under the "Advanced Startup" Section;
NOW THIS WILL RESTART YOUR PC AND IF YOU TRY IT WHILE READING THIS REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
When the Blue Restart Screen Appears select the "TROUBLESHOOT" option.
Then Select "ADVANCED OPTIONS" then Select "STARTUP SETTINGS" then hit restart and when the next menu comes up after restart select option number "7" to boot without driver signing...

Now you will be Ready to install the Driver for the Roland PC-300 in Windows 10.
Do the following:
Plug in the Roland PC-300 & let windows Detect the unit; it will install as an "Unknown Device", next
Unzip Drivers & Open Folder; navigate the Sub-Folders into the "Files" Folder; DO NOT RUN THE INSTALL/SETUP FILES!!!
Locate the "RDIF1009" INF "Setup Information" File & Right Click on that file &
Select "Install" from the Menu.
A Security Message will pop up approve that and a second one will popup and choose to install the driver anyways, a few moments will pass and another message will pop up saying the install is complete and now the Power Light on the unit should turn on... Done..!
If you check your Device Manager it should be now listed under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" as the Roland PC-300

I am by no means taking any credit (or liability) for making this file(s) (change/alteration) other than changing one digit from a "9" to an "8", copying & pasting one line of code into the next section (that others had done to get somewhere) of code and now writing this post; is the Extent of my doings in the matter...

DOWNLOAD & USE OF THE FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Attachments
PC300-W1064bitDrv.zip
Roland PC-300 Win10Driver
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 3207 times
charliecrash

Re: Roland PC-300 Win10 Drivers...

Post by charliecrash »

SlickClick wrote:Hi; new to the forums but had a break through last night (& want to Share..!) on some old equipment I had laying around that I fixed and used to work in the XP days... I started tinkering with an old version of FLStudio in Win10 and broke out the Roland PC-300 and tried to hook it up and like most others ran into Driver Issues...[...]
SlickClick I had to register just to pop in here and thank you for the slightly modified driver. Fantastic to be able to use my old PC-300 again in win10. Had almost given up on it.

Would be nice if some skilled programmer from Roland simply made this working driver into a proper signed installer for win10. Probably wouldn't even take an hour to do with the right tools and registrations.

Anyone notice how hard it is to search for a thing like pc-300 on this forum? Search engine is exluding the "pc-" part of the string - so it might need some tweaking.
SlickClick

Post by SlickClick »

Its been over 2 years since I checked this Driver/Thread out; and I just want to THANK EVERYONE who has read this thread & downloaded the Driver..!!!
Thanks for hanging on to that Old Hardware & keeping it going and out of the Landfill..!

I hope that Schools w/ a closet full of these can bring them back to Functionality and teach kids how to use Modern Production Software & be creative...
Thanks Again Roland Clan..!
ozbird

Post by ozbird »

SlickClick wrote: 16:33, 16 September 2021 Its been over 2 years since I checked this Driver/Thread out; and I just want to THANK EVERYONE who has read this thread & downloaded the Driver..!!!
Thanks for hanging on to that Old Hardware & keeping it going and out of the Landfill..!
+1 :-)
Mauricio_Luque

Post by Mauricio_Luque »

I just registered here to say thanks!
Pokopish

Post by Pokopish »

Hello! Just want to say thanks for the driver! It has helped me a lot on Windows 10 with my Roland. :)

I recently updated to Windows 11 and the driver no longer works for me though. Is there any way I could get this driver working for Win11?
SlickClick

Post by SlickClick »

Pokopish wrote: 23:47, 27 October 2022 Hello! Just want to say thanks for the driver! It has helped me a lot on Windows 10 with my Roland. :)

I recently updated to Windows 11 and the driver no longer works for me though. Is there any way I could get this driver working for Win11?
I added a few lines of code (basically what I did before) that "MAY or MAY NOT" work on Win11; at best its a BETA...
Granted the above (Original Post) installation instructions may not be applicable in its entirety in Win11; and I am not running Win11 so I can not currently verify that the file modification will work...

In FULL DISCLOSURE;
Everything is the same; with the addition of the following line(s) of code:

[Roland.NTamd64.10.0...22000]
;; Windows11
%RDID0009DeviceDesc%=RDID0009Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0008 ; PC-300

NOTE: -Should the "USB\VID_0582&PID_0008" DeviceID differ in Win11; please update here. Thank You-

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Attachments
PC300-W11-BETA.zip
(299.5 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Gubas

Post by Gubas »

Hello SlickClick
WIndows 11 is not very friendly for older devices ..
I've tested the updated .inf file on windows 11 and when we do that, we get this message:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... a4a43b3dd5

The device ID on windows 11 is:
USB\VID_0582&PID_0008\6&C099053&0&2
(let me know if this is the same id for everyone or just a random ID that Windows attributed to my device)

So .. I guess that if we wish to keep using our keyboard we'll have to accept losing the windows memory integrity feature.
I don't think disabling it should have to be an option, ..maybe someone will come up with some new idea on how to workaround this new obstacle ?
SlickClick

Post by SlickClick »

Thank you for the information Gubas...
Im due for a new PC soon; and will go to Win11 then, I will have to take some time and look into this "Memory Integrity" function more and compare driver codes in that regard...
Again thank you for the feedback and thank you to all who are keeping these alive & kicking..!!!

In full disclosure the following line of Code has been added:

%RDID0009DeviceDesc%=RDID0009Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0008\6&C099053&0&2 ; PC-300

I left the previous added line of code as well; should there be some sort of conflict, please advise here and I will remove the prior line for the Device ID and we'll try again... And again I will look into the Memory Integrity issue as well...

Again Thank You RolandClan..!!!

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Attachments
PC300-W11-BETA-V0.1.zip
(299.26 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Wavetune

Post by Wavetune »

Hello SlickClick,
I got a Roland PC-300 from a friend and have spent a good while trying to get it to work with Windows 11. Posting on these forums is something of a last resort before I have to admit defeat and get rid of it!
Here is all the info I have gathered, hopefully it help you create a working driver.

- I also had the memory integrity problem but fixed that using this command:
BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
which can be reversed with this command:
BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

- The driver installs without problems for me, and the PC-300 appears in Device Manager, however it has a yellow warning sign over it, and with the following text under Properties > Device Status:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

- Under Events > Device configured (null) I get this:
Device USB\VID_0582&PID_0008\6&1cf07246&0&6 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&2a613754&0&0

The Device ID, annoyingly, seems to change if I uninstall and reinstall it.

- Under Events > Driver service added (RDID1009) I get this:
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service RDID1009 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_0582&PID_0008\6&1CF07246&0&6 with the following status: 0.

Sadly that is as far as I got.
Any help is very much appreciated - there's no reason this old tech should be broken only because no one can be bothered making a signed driver for it.
Thanks!