Turn off FP-30X / FP-60X metronome light?

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Ander

Turn off FP-30X / FP-60X metronome light?

Post by Ander »

Hi everyone,

I was surprised there wasn't a forum section for Roland's FP series of digital pianos, as they're very popular these days... Is it possible this forum is more synth-focused?

And I'm sorry if the question I wanted to ask has already been asked here somewhere. I tried searching the forum for "FP-30", for example (without the quotes), but got:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: fp 30.

Are the admins are aware of this limitation? Doesn't it make it harder for people to find info on particular Roland products? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Okay (finally!), here's my question: I'd like to use the built-in Record feature on my FP-30X and FP-60X, but it always activates the metronome. I've managed to mute the metronome's click, but the light still flashes, and it's pretty distracting. I usually cover it with cardboard—but does anyone know if there's a way to turn it off, or keep the metronome from running at all? (I realize we seem to have landed in an EDM/loop-dominated culture—but we're not actually required to play in strict, computer-controlled tempo now, are we? 😄 )

Thanks, A.
Ander

Re: Turn off FP-30X / FP-60X metronome light?

Post by Ander »

(Even if you haven't a clue about the metronome, feel free to chime in on the philosophical part.)
Aqueum

Re: Turn off FP-30X / FP-60X metronome light?

Post by Aqueum »

Wow, tumbleweed... Ours is currently with Roland for repair (I'd love to hear your thoughts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69398&p=340519&hil ... 0X#p340519 ) if we get it back, I'll gladly have a go at turning the metronome light off.

On the philosophical part I presume you're aware that FP-30X works as a search and it's only FP-30 that is ignored. I think that may be one of the features added in the upgrade, along with the authentic odd key noises demonstrated in my video (-;

But seriously, yes I was amazed that there wasn't an FP section of the forum. I'd agree that it's likely because it's more synth oriented, but there are two separate RD sections, and a bunch of other synths are dumped into this catchall also. I'd also love sections for Aerophone (AE-20 is the latest model and it can't be searched for) and Handsonic (for some reason I can search for HPD-20 - is it the extra letter?)

I suspect the real issue is that many of the Admins have moved on. Looking at this page: memberlist.php?mode=team 3 of the admins have "Last active: -" of the 3 that show dates, the most recent is 23:25, 3 March 2021, one is 18:48, 17 June 2016.