Seeing setting on a Roland JD-08

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
rileym65

Seeing setting on a Roland JD-08

Post by rileym65 »

I recently bought a Roland JD-08, which I am have a whole lot of fun with (Miss my JD-800). So far I have not found a way to see what setting slider might be at without changing the setting, which of course obliterates the setting I wanted to see. Is there any way to see what a slider is set to without changing the actual setting? As an example of what I am looking for, on my Korg Wavestate I can hold down the ENTER button and then move a control, the display will show me what that controls setting is without actually changing the setting from me moving the control.

Without this ability it seems to me to be impossible to see what any of the patches are, or even to edit them. At this point if I am trying to sculpt a new sound, I need to keep a running log of what I am setting, it would be so much more convenient if I could see the settings. A suggestion to Roland in a future firmware update, if the Value knob (or another button) is being pressed and then another control is moved, show the value of that control but do not update the value from the control movement.