Rubix 24 Crackles

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Yannoch

Rubix 24 Crackles

Post by Yannoch »

Hi.

I recently bought a Rubix24, but I can't use it.
I constantly have crackles when I listen mp3 or even on DAW software.
I was on Windows 11, I switched back to Windows 10, same problem.
I tested all USB ports, several cables, disconnecting all other peripherals, it didn't solve anything.
By changing the buffer size, I can reduce the crackles, but they persist and I can't work with that much latency. (live performance)
Same issue with ASIO driver.
I have exhausted my stock of solution. Do you have any idea before I send it back. (and avoid roland)

driver version 107
Windows 11 22H2
devonrose

Re: Rubix 24 Crackles

Post by devonrose »

Yannoch wrote: 16:29, 24 August 2023 Hi.

I recently bought a Rubix24, but I can't use it.
I constantly have crackles when I listen mp3 or even on DAW software.
I was on Windows 11, I switched back to Windows 10, same problem.
I tested all USB ports, several cables, disconnecting all other peripherals, it didn't solve anything.
By changing the buffer size, I can reduce the crackles, but they persist and I can't work with that much latency. (live performance)
Same issue with ASIO driver.
I have exhausted my stock of solution. Do you have any idea before I send it back. (and avoid roland)

driver version 107
Windows 11 22H2
  • Is the crackling constant? Or does it only occur when audio is being outputted?
  • Does the crackling get 'recorded' in the audio stream?
  • Have you correctly configured all (five!) swithces at the back of the unit as to how they're to be adjusted? Setting the wrong ground lift or loopback could 'potentially' cause crackling although I've not witnessed this on my unit.
  • Are you using the LINE-IN while the crackling is occurring?
  • Did you allow Windows Update to run after connecting the Rubix so it can download the appropriate driver?
  • Did you actually reboot Windows? Windows 8/10/11 constantly run with hibernation cache because Microsoft can't combat how bloated it is. You'll need to choose the restart option (and not 'shut down') to forcefully clear the hibernation cache.
  • If you've not completely reinstalled Windows from scratch, it is possible there's some winrot or something causing an issue.
My Rubix24 works fine under multiple operating systems (Windows 7/10/macOS) and I'm not able to recreate what you're experiencing.