Roland a 800pro midi channel change

Everything else from Roland that doesn't fit elsewhere
timo35

Roland a 800pro midi channel change

Post by timo35 »

How can I program the midi channel change for different buttons on the Roland a-800 pro, using the a-pro editor? the instruments come from Sampletank 4, where I have put different instruments in different midi channels. I have studied different instructions, but I still don't understand how to do it.
xp30

Re: Roland a 800pro midi channel change

Post by xp30 »

timo35 wrote: 17:12, 27 September 2023 How can I program the midi channel change for different buttons on the Roland a-800 pro, using the a-pro editor? the instruments come from Sampletank 4, where I have put different instruments in different midi channels. I have studied different instructions, but I still don't understand how to do it.
If I understand you correctly, you want to change the MIDI channel on the A-800pro that is used for the key-on/off events from the keyboard.

You can change the MIDI channel with the value knob.

You can also configure MIDI channels for the modes SPLIT, DUAL and LOWER (which do not to be layers and splits), and use these buttons to quickly switch between 3-4 MIDI channels.

However, I don't think it is possible to configure the assignable buttons to change the MIDI channel.