Anyone with Edirol PCR-M30/50/80?

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Artemiy
Site Admin

Anyone with Edirol PCR-M30/50/80?

Post by Artemiy »

Hey all!

I asked Roland UA to send me Edirol PCR-M30 for testing. Basically, I want a little controller I can keep on my desk. I heard the new PCRs are quite good as controllers and the new MIDI system they use is quite faster than others'.

But I'd like to ask those who may own one of these - what is their "physical" feel - I mean the knobs, sliders and the keyboard?

I'd appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Artemiy.
V-CeeOh

Re: Anyone with Edirol PCR-M30/50/80?

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi Art,

Let me just tell you that you will feel "at home".
The PCR-M line is also aimed for professional use and the keyboard is exelent ( well, at least for this kind of keyboard). Much better than the previous PCR line. Beeing you an heavy tweaker ;-) , I think that the PCR-Ms will do the right job for you although you can not expect the same "heavy duty" feel we got from other keyboards, namely the Fantoms. Let me just advise you not to go to the PCR-M30 unless you have really big budget/space restrictions - I don't think you'll feel confortable with such a little keyboard.

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Anyone with Edirol PCR-M30/50/80?

Post by Artemiy »

Fix,

thank you very much for your reply.

Basically what I like about the new PCRs is the amount of knobs and sliders they have and that you do not need an external software editor to modify the controller assignments (classic Roland flexibility, thumbs up), unlike too many other controllers. And with "MIDI Learn" in many softsynths it makes things even more easy.

Yeah I've just decided to go for the M50, the 49-key version. M30 wouldn't be able to stay on my desk anyway (only M1 would but it's too tiny), and M80 is 20 cm wider which won't leave any space for the mouse ;-)

Thanks again for the info.

Artemiy.