Roland A90

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Dpiano

Roland A90

Post by Dpiano »

Hi all!

When using zone 1 as midi channel 1 and having a sound modulo with 2 soundsmixed on the same midi channel with diferente volumes, once i change my EV-5 i loose the mix of thouse sounds cause i'm sending volume change msg to the same midi channel, so my question is how do i get it working without changing my mix!
V-CeeOh

Re: Roland A90

Post by V-CeeOh »

Dpiano

You don't give much detail on what your set up is but... I guess you have the answer for your question. If you're sending MIDI Volume messages on the same channel you have to set 2 diferent MIDI channels and use 2 zones on the A-90 ;-)

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7
Dpiano

Post by Dpiano »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

My controller has 8 zones, and sometimes i have more than 3 or 4 sounds layered, só that will useall my zones.

I use a Yamaha Motif Rack. I think if there where some kind of option to send expression msg instead of volume my problem would be solved.

I never had time to spend on this issue cause my setup never comes home, always on the road.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi again Dpiano

Yes, I know what you mean ;-)
Anyway even if you use expression messages (wich I think you can do) in the same channel you still would haveto deal with the same problem. I don't know the Motif but I think you need to find out if you can filter out volume or expression messages on a specific part - I'm almost certain that you can , you just have to dig a bit more. Otherwise you better set each zone for each MIDI channel in orther to have individual control.

Regards

(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

ei
só agora é que reparei que falamos os dois de Portugal LOL

Bem vindo!