Question for Jim Stout...

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
SammyJames

Question for Jim Stout...

Post by SammyJames »

...okay -- now that the cat is out of the bag, I feel better about asking a question of you. Can you tell me whether the Edirol PCR 800 lets you use its control stick as a mouse (for your computer)? I'm asking because the Korg K 61 does, according to its literature, have that functionality.

If so, then it would almost be a slam-dunk for me. Thanks.

- SJ

Good night, and good luck.
http://www.sammyjames.com
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Question for Jim Stout...

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, just in case you didn't know, you in generally shouldn't ever ask the Roland guys personally. If you we do, they will be overloaded with questions. In most cases what you direct to them may be answered by other members.

BTW, I am 100% sure PCRs will not do that. The bender/lever is not continuous X/Y like in Novation stuff for example. But in general you remind me FatBoyJim when he asked for a cup holder in Fantom-S - though you can have one via V-Synth's TimeTrip Pad, you cannot expect gear to do more than it has to do.
SammyJames

Re: Question for Jim Stout...

Post by SammyJames »

Artemio:

You are one of the funniest people I know!!! That is a riot. A cup holder indeed.

I hate to say this, but I'm considering going with the Korg K61, because you CAN use ITS stick as a MOUSE...

HA!!!

(Sorry -- you said that I was asking for too much... but I don't think that I'm asking for too much!!!)

Thanks for the information. Anyway, we'll see. I don't know right now, but I do know that I need to take my "ergonomic" workstation and hurl it out the window. I'm getting neck cramps just THINKING about having to stare at that damned monitor...

- SJ

Good night, and good luck.
http://www.sammyjames.com