I need some suggestions from Fantom users on what to get for

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Pson101

I need some suggestions from Fantom users on what to get for

Post by Pson101 »

Hellow fellow musicians! I have a few newbie questions I hope you can help me with.

I'm a software-based HipHop beatmaker for a few years now and I'm having lacks of inspiration recently: I feel I'm missing the "organic" feel of hardware. So I decided to switch from software to a more gear-based production style. I decided to buy a drum machine/sequencer/sampler and a keyboard/synth.
Since I chose the Akai MPC over the Roland MV as drum machine/sequencer/sampler, I think I will opt for a Roland product for a keyboard. After some research I feel that the Roland Fantom X6 would suit my pretentions, the problem is that it is a workstation so I'm actually paying (a lot) more for features I'm not going to use (like sampling, etc...). Mainly I want the keyboard only to play customized basslines and crazy synth, and act as a MIDI controller for VST's.

So is there a Roland keyboard with the same crazy sounds as the Fantom that isn't a full workstation? Or should I go with a cheap MIDI controller and the Fantom XR rackmount instead? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you!
MarkShovel

extended features....

Post by MarkShovel »

The extra capabilities of the Fantom will be useful in the future. You may decide to change your approach and the Fantom has capabilities to satisfy your needs.

I've got a X8 and it is killer!

Mark
Pson101

Re: I need some suggestions from Fantom users on what to get

Post by Pson101 »

Hey there Mark!

Thanks for your feedback. The only major differences between the X6 and X8 are the number and type of keys, right?

Thanks again for your opinion, honestly I think that too. Maybe I will need those features in the future!

But the Fantom comes with drums I think; are those similar to the ones in the MV8000?

Thank you!
JazzXR

Post by JazzXR »

Have a look at the Roland Juno-G

---------------------------------------
::Rix::
Pson101

Post by Pson101 »

The Juno-G is indeed a very interesting keyboard, it could suit my pretentions... but I couldn't find what the main differences between the Juno-G and Juno-D are? And are them MIDI controllers as well so I can play VSt's in the computer?

Thank you JazzXR!
JazzXR

Post by JazzXR »

the juno-G is really better than the D.
But if you're looking for a simple master keyoboard look at the Edirol master keyboards.

---------------------------------------
::Rix::