PCR-M30 USB Problem HELP!!!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Jase

PCR-M30 USB Problem HELP!!!

Post by Jase »

Hey all!

First time poster...

I own a PCRM30 Midi Keyboard Controller for use with Reason etc.

I recently updated to a new computer and am having some issues with using the keyboard. The new PC specs are:

AMD AM2 Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4200+
AM2 Gigabyte M55SLi-S4 Motherboard
250GB Samsung HDD SATA 300
500W PSU EzCool 24 pin
1GB DDR2 Ram
256MB Nv PCI-e GF 7300GS Sparkle Video Card

When I install the USB driver for the keyboard and restart my computer as per the booklet process, a buzzing sound starts from inside the computer. It seems to be coming from where the USB cable is connected to the PC. This is coming from the same place on the PC no matter where I connect the USB cable (Front or Back) I have attempted various cables, USB ports and even tried connecting the keyboard to the DC outlet and the same noise. I have tried other USB devices and the noise doesn’t occur – only when the PCRM30 is connected.

I have had the motherboard on the computer replaced three times and I know this is not causing the issue as the noise happens on all motherboards. I am going to attempt to format and reinstall Windows tonight, hopefully that will fix the problem, but I am wondering what else might be causing it.

I am very eager to get back to my work, so if you have any possible solutions or fixes that you know if, I would really like to hear it.
You can email me at: zhatan@gmail.com

Thanks!