Micro BR SD cards

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
salsero

Micro BR SD cards

Post by salsero »

Could some of you please post the different 1 GB SD cards you have found compatible with the Micro BR. I am having difficulty finding the ones listed in the manual.
Thanks a lot.
nelksound

sd card

Post by nelksound »

Hello salsero!
I use the San Disk sd card and it's work very good

www.myspace.com/espaciosnelksoundbar
salsero

Re: Micro BR SD cards

Post by salsero »

Is that the same as the one in the manual (SDSDH-1024-903) or have you tried others?
thank-you
AardvarkHill

Micro BR SD cards

Post by AardvarkHill »

I've got a San Disk Ultra II SD 1 GB Card.

It's a SDSDH-1024-901 (not a 903 as is listed in the manual). It was all that BestBuy, CircuitCity carried, and was all that was listed on the SanDisk Site itself (that's what happens when a manual is printed a year before you try to buy a memory card... things change fast!

It works fine. Support said it was not really a very fast card and should work fine... and when in doubt slower is a safer bet.

I've read also online that a "Veho 2GB Ultra Fast 133x Secure Digital Card" works fine but you can only access the first 1Gig in the recorder, but it sounded like you could access the 2nd Gig for additional MP3 files... it was not clear.

I have tired a 4Gig Patriot high speed card and that didn't work... needed to be re-initialized each time you would power up and wouldn't stay formatted/initialized so that you could record to it.
salsero

Post by salsero »

Thanks kindly for your suggestions. I'll see if I can find the Sandisk you mentioned here in Kelowna,BC.
groovey1

Post by groovey1 »

Hi salsero ... I've had good results with the Kingston 1GB card. I've bought 2 so far: one with a card reader (so you don't have to use a USB cable). They seem to be sold for less than the Sandisk. At least at Future Shop where I got mine.
salsero

Post by salsero »

Thanks again Groove...All this information is really helpful. I'll check out FS.
nelksound

sd

Post by nelksound »

Hi!!! Salsero i use the SDSDB-1024-A10

www.myspace.com/espaciosnelksoundbar
salsero

Post by salsero »

Thanks for checking the number..much appreciated..
salsero

Post by salsero »

Here is more on the subject from ROLAND

Greetings / Salutations!,

Here are some URL's for SD cards that are supported by the BOSS MICRO BR:

(Copy these URL's into your web browser)

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(10 ... d_1GB.aspx

http://www.lexar.com/digfilm/sd_card.html

FYI: The MICRO BR will support a maximum of 1 GB 'standard' SD card (It is not compatible with Type 2 or Hi-Speed Professional cards)

I find these cards readily available at Walmart and Costco.

Best Regards / Sincèrement vôtre,
Roland Canada
sfe

Post by sfe »

Hello!
I´m a newbie to this forum.
Last week, after first surfing around on the net, this forum included, I bought a Boss MicroBR. I haven´t done much more yet than a test with 4 acoustic parts with mandolin and guitar, put on one by one, but I must say that I´m impressed. It´s a fantastic gadget and it might also be the first one to really deserve to be called "portastudio". You really can use it with (only) 2 rechargeable batteries and
you don´t need an external mik. And it fits in a (large) pocket.
But, this memorycard issue...
I was aware of it when I bought my BR and I have already experienced it for real. The first card I bought did not work. Finding the cards listed in the manual is not easy, if at all possible.
What are your experiences of failing? Is there more than one way to fail?
For me it has been that first you manually formatt (initialize) the card and it´s no problem recording and listening.
But if you turn the BR off, and you will sooner or later, and then turn it on it will say: "Card unformatted". If you then try to formatt it manually (again) it says: "Card write error". The card seems fine if you look at it in a card reader connected to a PC.
Maybe if the BR does not automatically formatt the empty card it´s a sign of incomparability? I´m not quite confident on this though.
Does anyone know if this incomparability issue concerns just a few cards on the market or if it is that just a few cards on the market are usable?
Do Roland work on this issue?
Is it a firmware (software) or hardware issue?
Can we expect firmware updates? (By the way, 1 GB max seems quite outdated today.)

Anyway, here´s my list:

Sandisk 16MB R0307NH Will not work (Too small anyway)
Panasonic 32MB (To many markings to write here) Will not work (Too small anyway)
Sandisk 512MB AX0604804179D OK
Kingston 512MB (To many markings to write here) OK
Corsair 1GB 072260020 OK
Corsair 1GB 070807720 OK
Kingston 1GB (Markings unknown) Will not work

I have a Panasonic FZ50 digital camera which destroyed the first 2 Twinmos SD cards I tried. Seemed to work OK then suddenly it was all "card write error", "card read error", "no card" and so on. The cards were
unacessable in every equipment I tried, the photos lost. Then the store where I bought both camera and cards gave me a Corsair card that still works fine 500 photos +. Hope my MicroBR isn´t planning to do something like that!
It is recommendable to buy both equipment (in this case MicroBR) and memorycards at the same store. That way you really do not have to concern yourself with if it is the equipment or the memory that´s bad. You complain
at the same store anyway and they can´t blame some other store. Sad though, in our case, that few music stores carries memory cards.
salsero

Post by salsero »

I have only the used the 1GB Lexar that is recommended in the manual (SD1GB231) and it works fine. I would suggest contacting Roland. They are very prompt about answering questions.

Fun with Bongos, The Bongo Book, Bongo Drumming, Afro-Latin Polyrhythms,
Afro-Cuban Rhythms Vol.1&2,The Art of Bongo DrummingDVD,The Art of Arabic Drumming DVD (All published by Mel Bay Publications Inc. www.melbay.com/)

Endorser for
www.lpmusic.com/
www.regaltip.com/
shanefiddle

Post by shanefiddle »

Sandisk SDSDB-2048-A11, a 2GB card, evidently works well. They sell on amazon.com here. This is according to a post from another musician. I'm ordering some to try them out.