Roland VS-1824CD

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
uxe

Roland VS-1824CD

Post by uxe »

hello, just purchased the marvelous roland vs1824cd workstation, and then found this forum...wonderful!
my 1st ? is : i'm learning how to use the CD writing with the internal cd burner on this machine, and during the process, before it actually writes the CD, which takes hardly no time at all,
there's this "converting..." message, which seems to take almost an hour, so what is it actually "converting", and why does it take so long ?

any news would be great, also, the manual for this thing is terrible.
any links to more in-depth lessons would be great..
thanks
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Roland VS-1824CD

Post by Artemiy »

Did you make a stereo mixdown of your project? If not, I guess that's hat 1824 does before burning an audio CD.
Savnac

Post by Savnac »

Uxe-

I have the solution for you and all you future issues learning this unit.

There is the site call "plancton.de", go there and click on the button at the top. It will take you to the sample page of the VS tutorials. Once you get the product you will be happy that you stumble into it.

This company knows how to teach people about the VS units, they are complete. At first I was kinda not sure about them becasue they are in Germany, but I took the dive, and boy am I happy for it.
plancton.de

Good Luck,

Savnac
cmega

VS-1824 Converting?

Post by cmega »

Hi Uxe - Did you ever get a good answer to this?
I am looking for the most basic way to record a L/R stereo pair, and burn them to the CD.
All my mixing is done externally and I just need the VS-1824 as a hard disk recorder that will burn a CD.

I've tried recording in CDR mode (vs. MTP, MAS, etc.) thinking it would write the hard drive in CDR image format, therefore making the burn to CD rapid. Not so. It needs to convert, which appears to be a real-time convert. Ie., 15 minutes of music takes 15 minutes to convert. THEN the 4x burn takes about 4 minutes.

Thanks
foxfire714

Post by foxfire714 »

i just send all tracks at once from my 1824 recorded at 48khz (with high quality RCA to 1/4")analog out to my edirol 10 channel mixer,using it as the mixer and it has finalizing capabilities,@48khz without mixing down to a stereo pair,from the master output and set the edirol for 48khz and send that coax spdif to my Panasonic 3800 dat set @48khz and set it back to 44.1 and record it to my Sony CDR-W33 professional CD recorder set @44.1 and add SBM and it comes out incredible,like a 20 bit master.The Sony and the Edirol both have mastering tools.And the super bit mapping makes the final CD sound like heaven.Then i have a master DAT 20 bit,and a copy CD SBM'd at about the same resolution 20 bit only still 44.1