Looking for VS-880 Schematic

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Alpine7784

Looking for VS-880 Schematic

Post by Alpine7784 »

Hi all-

My VS-880 has gone south; I'm getting a ticking sound out of the power supply, and no LCD on the display when I apply power to the unit.

I have people who can fix it for me, provided I can find a schematic. I've looked and looked and I just cannot find one anywhere. Does anybody out there have one they could FAX or email a scan of? I'm dead in the water and am in desperate measures, and work on a tight budget, so repair is a better option thatn buying a new recorder.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean K.
West Hartford, CT USA
Patrick_

Re: Looking for VS-880 Schematic

Post by Patrick_ »

I have the original VS880 V-expanded, and all the original documentation that came with it. I'm not sure exactly what it is you're looking for, but if you can clarify exactly what this is I'll see if I have it.
I have:
Application Guide 2.0(140 pages)
VS880 VXpanded Owner's Manual((152 pages)

I also have the Quick Start guide and the VS8F1 effects board manuals.
If you know that the "schematic" is in any of these documents let me know and I'll email you a scan.
I bought my VS brand new in 1998, and this is everything that came with it, without exception. I still have the original box and styrofoam that it shipped with.
Alpine7784

Post by Alpine7784 »

The schematic is the electronic "road map" that show the values of various electronic parts (what resistor goes where, how much voltage this part uses, etc). It's a printed representation of the entire circuitry.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Alpine7784:

You will need the service manual. You can contact me and I will send you a contact from where you might get one.
hipcat5

Post by hipcat5 »

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but I am in need of the schematic for the POWER SUPPLY of the Roland VS-880. If anyone can offer this, I would appreciate it.