BOSS MICRO BR- GENERAL QUESTIONS!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
The Barney

BOSS MICRO BR- GENERAL QUESTIONS!

Post by The Barney »

hi there,

Im barney, a shredder guitarist in the making and im fighting a losing battle against digital recording!!!

ok the boss micro br is a great piece of kit, i have no problems with it, other than it not saving the tempo,,, andthat i cant seem to convert entire songs into full tracks only tracks inside the songs into seperate mp3's...

BUT heres my question. Im going insane right now trying to record songs. ive just bought a CAKEWALK program, and ive learnt that i need some f*cking thing called a Digital Audio Interface or something to record. I mean, i need a USB unit that connects my guitar and amp to my laptop so that i can record tracks, then edit them yeah ?!!!

question is,,, can the micro br be used for this? because i really want to get into recording but i just dont get how i can allow CAKEWALK to hear my playing...

oooo someone help me im so confused and thick...
nelksound

hi

Post by nelksound »

Hello!
I think you can record with out audio interface but you have to set up the cakewalk sonar to do it.
It would be better if you let us know which cakewalk program you have
I got a Sonar LE and i record with auido digital interface but sometimes i do it with out audio interface all i need to do is plug in the line out from the micro br to the mic in of my pc but remenber you have to do the setting in you cakewalk program
Sorry for my english!!!!!!!
V-CeeOh

Re: BOSS MICRO BR- GENERAL QUESTIONS!

Post by V-CeeOh »

nelksound
You NEVER record on a PC without an audio interface. The thing is that your PC already has an audio interface, most probably integrated in the motherboard. These ones, yes do the job, but are most often very limited and deliver poor sound quality.

The Barney
No, the MicroBR does not work has a audio interface so you do have to get one. An audio interface is a device, most of the times external, connected through USB or FireWire, with several inputs so you can connect more than oneinstrument at a time and that alouds your PC to "listen" to external sound sources.
There are several brands you can check but if you want to stick with Roland check the Edirol Audio Capture range HERE
64Guitars

Post by 64Guitars »

i cant seem to convert entire songs into full tracks only tracks inside the songs into seperate mp3's.

You have to create a two-track mix of your tracks on the Micro BR by bouncing them to a pair of v-tracks. See pages 50-51 of the Micro BR manual. Then convert those two v-tracks into a stereo wave file using the BR Wave Converter (see below).

ive just bought a CAKEWALK program, and ive learnt that i need some f*cking thing called a Digital Audio Interface or something to record.

You don't need an audio interface to get your Micro BR tracks into Cakewalk. Just download the free BR Wave Converter 2.0 software to convert your tracks into wave files, which can easily be imported directly into Cakewalk.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... jectId=699

- 64Guitars
http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguita ... croBR.html

nelksound

I'm confuse

Post by nelksound »

hello!!
V-CeeOh
Would you can tell me please if the Realtek HD is an audio interface?
The realtek hd is the program i have integraded in my pc and i used to recording a few times but i don't know if this is an audio interface!
Thank you
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Well...
I don't know Realtek but an Audio Interface is supposed to be a piece of HARDWARE. You say
The realtek hd is the program i have integraded in my pc
. If it is a program it must be software, not hardware.