Edirol PCR 300/500/800 control maps

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
robert13_

Re: Edirol PCR 300/500/800 control maps

Post by robert13_ »

On the Fantom G you can progam transpose in the Address map.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Offset | |
| Address | Description |
|-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------|
| 00 00 | 0000 0aaa | Sound Mode (0 - 4) |
| | | SINGLE, LIVE, STUDIO, GM1, GM2 |
|-------------+-----------+----------------------------------------------------|
| 00 01 | 0aaa aaaa | Live Set Bank Select MSB (CC# 0) (0 - 127) |
| 00 02 | 0aaa aaaa | Live Set Bank Select LSB (CC# 32) (0 - 127) |
| 00 03 | 0aaa aaaa | Live Set Program Number (PC) (0 - 127) |
|-------------+-----------+----------------------------------------------------|
| 00 04 | 0aaa aaaa | Studio Set Bank Select MSB (CC# 0) (0 - 127) |
| 00 05 | 0aaa aaaa | Studio Set Bank Select LSB (CC# 32) (0 - 127) |
| 00 06 | 0aaa aaaa | Studio Set Program Number (PC) (0 - 127) |
| 00 07 | 0aaa aaaa | Arpeggio Set Number (0 - 127) |
| | | 1 - 128 |
| 00 08 | 0aaa aaaa | Chord Set Number (0 - 127) |
| | | 1 - 128 |
| 00 09 | 0000 aaaa | Transpose Value (59 - 70) |
| | | -5 - +6 |
| 00 0A | 0000 0aaa | Octave Shift (61 - 67) |
| | | -3 - +3 |
|-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------|
| 00 00 00 0B | Total Size |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

But I don't know how to program it and if it can be programmed on a PCR-500.
restrung

Post by restrung »

Anyone out there willing to share these? I could sure use a hand-up. PCR and Fantom XR is a great combo, but lotsa work. IMO, Roland should be doing it, but hey.

tia
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Roland should be doing it, but hey.

yep, in fact they should have done a Control MAP for the XR, but first of all you need to know what can be MIDI controlled on the XR, and then decide what you want to control from your PCR.

I've never seen a Control MAP for a XR, but maybe some XR owner has one that can be useful for you.

The Most common things you can control from the PCR are (just to name a few):
- Part Volume (on a Performance)
- Modulation
- Portamento time
- Volume, Expression
- Balance, pan-pot
- Hold
- Sostenuto
- Legato
- TVF Resonance and cutoff
- Decay time
- Attack time
- Vibrato rate, depth and delay
- Program up/down (Patch or Performance)
- Favorite up/down (Patch or Performance)
- System Exclusive messages to control other features that are not controllable by norma CC values (you need to consult the MIDI Implementation charts Synth/Sequencer for that)

I hope you find an already made PCR MAP for XR
cheers
P
;-)

EDITED: Just found in the beginning of this Thread that there is at least one member of this clan using PCR-xxx control MAPS for the XR, he is: Graem
Unknown2

Post by Unknown2 »

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Fantom XR and am looking to hook it up to my PCR-800. I notice that there were a couple of people who have created control maps and, if I am reading the post right, attached them to their posts. My problem seems to be that I cannot see any attachments/downloads on this site.

Could someone please clear up for me how to access the attachments.

Thanks!

S
b.chlaw

Post by b.chlaw »

Hi all, i am a newbie keyboardist and i use reason 5 on laptop and pcr800 for the jam sessions. I would like to learn any better way to transpose on my midi keyboard or short cuts to achieve that. This thread was very useful however i cannot fully understand about the programming, and i couldnt find any attachments above either. Can anybody help me a bit for that? Thanks heaps!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

b.chlaw wrote:Hi all, i am a newbie keyboardist and i use reason 5 on laptop and pcr800 for the jam sessions. I would like to learn any better way to transpose on my midi keyboard or short cuts to achieve that. This thread was very useful however i cannot fully understand about the programming, and i couldnt find any attachments above either. Can anybody help me a bit for that? Thanks heaps!
My answer is a bit late but maybe useful still...
The PCRs are perfect for transposing. Just assign a MIDI channel to the Gear you are controlling (upper, lower or both), and press - or + when playing. The controlled board will automatically transpose, if it accepts that MIDI command - Check its MIDI implementation chart to be sure.
glynndub

Re: Transpose Buttons on the PCR

Post by glynndub »

PauloF wrote:Ok, here we go.
I've set a limited Key transpose function to my PCR-500 in order to control my V-Synth and my Fantom.
The way I did it was by assigning SysEx (System Exclusive) messages to the B5, B6, B7 and B8 PAD buttons.
You could use how many as you want, for ex: B2 to B8, separated one semitone appart, so B5 will became your "Center tune =zero" and B4=-1, B3=-2, B2=-3, and on the + side, B6=+1, B7=+2, B8=+3 semitones. (Just an example).

Please refer to the attached file, which shows how to do that using the PCR Editor.
Omni G'day
newby from australia, please point me to where i can find attached file. Thank You Very Much
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

glynndub wrote:
I've set a limited Key transpose function to my PCR-500 in order to control my V-Synth and my Fantom.
The way I did it was by assigning SysEx (System Exclusive) messages to the B5, B6, B7 and B8 PAD buttons.
You could use how many as you want, for ex: B2 to B8, separated one semitone appart, so B5 will became your "Center tune =zero" and B4=-1, B3=-2, B2=-3, and on the + side, B6=+1, B7=+2, B8=+3 semitones. (Just an example).

Please refer to the attached file, which shows how to do that using the PCR Editor.
Omni G'day
newby from australia, please point me to where i can find attached file. Thank You Very Much
I'll send the file later in the evening
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

glynndub wrote:

Omni G'day
I'll send the file later in the evening[/quote]

I can see that I failed to send you the procedure that evening back in April...
Do you still need it?
Jhunyeong

Post by Jhunyeong »

Hi there. Im a newbie with my PCR-500, and i would like to know how to use the control map of it with my laptop using sampletank.

How to control volume with my knobs/faders. How to map drums and other sound effetcs on pads. And many more. I have read all the replied post on this thread, but it seems like everything is all in advance. Im a basic newbie with PCR-500.

I currently switched from using triton Korg to fantomXA, and just recently bought my PCR-500.

I would like to use my PCR-500 a standalone keyboard with my windows laptop using Sampletank.

Please help me with this. I would greatly appreciate all your help for me.
lipi

Post by lipi »

Hi there!

I've got a PCR-800.
I just wonder there is any non documented system exclusive or other parameter for the device?

My problem is the follow:
I want to controlling my MC-808 by PCR-800. I sucesfully set the parameters for the encoders, but both encoders are adjustable for a discrete midi channel.
On the PCR800 I can change the MIDI channel to send note on/off, picth bend etc. messages, but I need this feature for the encoders too. Exactly: I just wonder there is any way to set the encoders for the "actual" MIDI channel, or just for a discrete MIDI channel? In the editor there is no way to set them to "ACTUAL" what kind of channel used by the keybed...
Why I need that? I would like to controll the MC's parameter from the PCR but not just on one channel, but the actual channel (part) where I am... If I change the MIDI channel on the PCR, the note, mod, picthbend, etc. messages assigned for the required part, just the encoders does not.

I hope you understand me, my english is poor... :P
lipi

Post by lipi »

Meanwhile I find the answer:
"The PCR-300/500/800's various controllers can be assigned to any MIDI channel. If you would like to temporarily transmit on only the current MIDI channel, regardless of each controller's assignment, you must turn Omni mode on"
I think I'm not delete my question; maybe someone will found it helpfully with the answer in the future :)
Edirolpcr

Post by Edirolpcr »

PauloF wrote: 20:49, 30 May 2009 Ok, here we go.

P.S: I forot to say that these SyxEx messages apply to Rolang gear only

The image shows the Center tune button config. Bellow you can find the SySex messages that you have to create and assign to the other buttons for -1, -2, -3 am,d +1, +2 and +3 semitones.

I hope I was clear, but shout if you need further help
Cheers
PauloF
Hello, i can’t find the file.
Thinks