looking for easy to use software studio

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Keys49

looking for easy to use software studio

Post by Keys49 »

I haven't really ventured too much in the software angle, but I am ready too at some point this year hopefully. I just want omething very ease to use and low on the dough.

Magix had something that looked easy, what you people think of this one or maybe Cubase or something else.

I am really looking for 2 factors on this:
1) to build songs using the tracks w/effects
2) to be able to Master.
RestLes

Re: looking for easy to use software studio

Post by RestLes »

Look into or demo Mackie Tracktion 3, It'll have what you're looking for. Fairly simple to use, low on the dough with pro results.
Goodluck!
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

Thanks Restless. It does look good, most reviews are + tho some have a - , this is exactly what I am looking at. MAGIX is another I am thinking about, but it looks like Cubase is out.
Kneel

Post by Kneel »

FL Sutdio? It is really easy to use and the Producer edition is cheap about $100 here in South Africa. If you are looking at Magix I would suggest that you look into this as it is a very good product for the same price.

Hope it helps a little.

Download the Demo and play see if it fits the Bill.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

If you were on a Mac, it comes with GarageBand for free. Up to 256 audio and instrument tracks, each with up to 4 effects and visual EQ. It is easier to use than anything else, and sounds really professionally (same engine as in Logic Pro).
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

Thanks Kneel. Yeah I have been impressed with the sounds of FL studio, but the step sequencing and arrangement I couldn't figure out well, but maybe it is easier now.
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

Thanks Artemio. Yeah, a friend of mine has a mac and garageband looked pretty easy, but yeah, I don't have a Mac.
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

any other ones to look at?
Andy.T

MAGIX

Post by Andy.T »

HI Keys
I use magix as i wanted a very simple to use DAw.It is a very capable DAW,and is very similar to cubase so i,m informed.However many people including myself have been unable to get it to operate correctly using hardware synths via midi.It records the midi notes but wont play all of them back.If this is the way you normally work I would advise you to look at some of the software suggested by the other guys.

Andy
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

Thanks Andy,

I've been looking at Magix music maker. It is easy (I tried a demo version) the magix studio one seems les user friendly to me. Is this the ne you have also, the music maker?
Andy.T

Easy software

Post by Andy.T »

Hi Keys
Yes,i am currently using music studio 12.I bought it because it was advertised as being simple to use,but I must admit it is for me quite complex.I only really use it to record my final stereo track,direct from my fantom into the computer.I would love to be able to record my fantom track by track into music studio but i can,t work out how to get the program to start the fantom so that all the tracks are synced.
This would be the holy grail for me.
music studio 12 is very easy to arrange and burn a C.D of your tracks.
I have used music maker and that is a much easier program.It depends how advanced you want to go I suppose.
For my needs I prefer the studio version.As long as you stick with it and try to learn abit at a time you should be O.k
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

Hey Andy,

I tried the demo of Magix Music Studio and it was not as easy as the music maker, I agree. I hear what your saying, that would be great to be able to use the fantom and some software like you descibed. I'm sure it exists out there , but learning how to use it might be time consuming and maybe not user friendly.

I think I just want to do my recording stuff on the fantom and make loops (original) on the side, then combine them on the software, seems like it might be easier that way, for me at least. I just want something user friendly and w/o a learning curve really. I know there will be a learning curve to som point, but as you know the music maker is cool...for me very little time to figure it out. Sony for me came in 2nd with sony music studio.

I have the fantom x by the way, do you have that also or the new fantom G?
Andy.T

Post by Andy.T »

Hi keys
Yes i've got the Fantom X6,also aVirus Ti,jp 8000 and an old Moog Prodigy.
incidentally,as you are looking for easy to use software,I suggest you download "Audacity". It is a totally free multitrack recording program,complete with lots of effects.there is a downloadable step by step tutorial on how to use it.It is simplicity itself to use, I found,and above all FREE! Best of luck.
Andy
Keys49

Post by Keys49 »

I have used brielfy...used Audacity. It does have a lot of effects. I removed it awhile back, but maybe I should give that another try....

thats cool anout the other gear. I used to have the jv-1010 sound module and sold that to make room for the X6, besides that I have the Roland D2 groovebox.