Micro BR rythm playback

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
drexter

Micro BR rythm playback

Post by drexter »

Hi all, I'm a micro br newbie and newbie to this forum as well. I'm not sure if there's a problem with my br or if it's just configuration error.
I'm trying to play a rythm track to accompany my guitar playing, however, when I try to play a rythm track, all that I can play back is the demo mp3 track. I'm doing the following from the turbostart guide:

Press RHYTHM.
Press TR1 until “ON” is displayed on the bottom right of the display.
Press TR2 until it says “PT:” at the top left of the display.
Press PLAY to hear the drum pattern play.
Use the VALUE + or – to change the drum pattern to the desired style.

Everything appears to be correct, but when I press the play button, it plays back the bigdance mp3 track. I've tested the same steps on a friends br and it works fine, so I know what I'm doing is right. Have I managed to misconfigure something or is my unit messed up?

Thanks,
Derek
64Guitars

Re: Micro BR rythm playback

Post by 64Guitars »

When you press [PLAY], the Micro BR will play back the currently selected drum pattern or arrangement plus all four currently selected v-tracks for the current song. So, there are several ways you could solve your problem.

1) You could lower the playback level of each of the four tracks to zero (see page 33 of the Micro BR manual).

2) You could switch the currently selected v-track of each of the four tracks to an empty v-track (see page 40 of the Micro BR manual).

3) You could simply create a new song (see page 38 of the Micro BR manual). Since the v-tracks of a new song are all empty, you will only hear the selected drum pattern or arrangement.

Creating a new song does not erase any existing songs. So, if you later want to return to "BigDance", just follow the steps on page 26 of the Micro BR manual.

- 64Guitars
http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/