cheapest mic pre amp

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
mikeshead

cheapest mic pre amp

Post by mikeshead »

Started recently with a Roller powered mixer as a pre amp (er not good), found a very old and battered powered mixer which gave much better results but I then began to understand this was the limiting factor.

Im trying to record acoustic guitar and vocals and have a boss900 (and therefore ideally would need two inputs). Mic is an old Sure unidyne 3 which will be ungraded to a SM58.

Need a cheap pre mic pre amp, about £50 but will streach to £100 if a significant improvement can be found.

Advice ?
dasinsasion

Re: cheapest mic pre amp

Post by dasinsasion »

I would recommend looking for good deals instead of just "cheap". Check out this site www.tweakheadz.com. There is a lot of information/shootouts and comparisons. Hope it helps.
mikeshead

Post by mikeshead »

Cheers for your imput disinsasion,

I have not much response for a while so I started to look at other forums and came up with tweekheaz (HA!)which Iv been following for a while.

After listening to their advice I finally decided to upgrade the mike first (as I know understand that my mic should be OK without a pre amp (and since it isnt there must be a problem with the mic) and maybe go for a pre amp later if still necessary.

still pondering on the choice of Studio projects B1 or Sure 57. Any opinions ?
valencyna

Post by valencyna »

What are some good cheap microphones for recording Saxophones? What Microphones that are in the 50-100 dollar ranges are very good for Saxophones like the Alto Sax? That record a good quality sound? Be specific and descriptive, I am very new to this!
florin2013

Post by florin2013 »

Art Mp. And it got lamp. And it sounds pretty good to it's price. It is worthing..