Mastering On BR900-CD. Stuck, Help!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
jimjam

Mastering On BR900-CD. Stuck, Help!

Post by jimjam »

Great fun and a great machine Br900-cd. I have had mine about 6 months and have gotten the hang of most of it. One thing, even with manual support, I just don’t get is the Mastering function. I must have followed through, step by step, in the manual 10 times now and I just cannot get it to work. The manual talks about different patches, but does not seem to explain what they are, when you should use which patch. This is the one area of the manual that leaves me drawing a blank every time. And I undersatnd mastering is the key to refinement of my recordings, so a little frustrating this is.

Is there anyone out there who could shed a little light on the mastering functions within this tidy little studio? Or point me to a good site that will?
enossified

Re: Mastering On BR900-CD. Stuck, Help!

Post by enossified »

Mastering is like bouncing...you take a stereo mix, run it through the COSM effects and rerecord to a new pair of V-tracks.

Click on the COSM button to select the mastering FX presets.

As far as which to use when, they are named pretty well so just try them and use your ears. With the V-tracks at your disposal, you can try a few for each mix and compare them.
stevebon

Re: Mastering On BR900-CD. Stuck, Help!

Post by stevebon »

JJ - If you're still interested, help could be found here:

http://bossbr.net/community/index.php