VS-880EX HELP!!!!!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Muddlehead

VS-880EX HELP!!!!!

Post by Muddlehead »

I think i am pretty much SOL, but I thought I would try to see if anyone has had this happen & recovered the data. I lost everything on one of the hard drives. I just finished a final mix & hit save & optimize to clear up some hard drive space. I came back to listen to the final mix a while later & I wanted to remix it. I was low on hard drive space so I hit the undo button (thinking I was just undoing the last mix)& then saved it after that (forgetting I had previously optimized the hard drive) & that is when all of the data disappeared. Completely. I now have nothing on the hard drive. HELP!!
WD

Re: VS-880EX HELP!!!!!

Post by WD »

well, I would call the Roland tech support right away and explain to them your life and death situation May be theyll come up with something...
I remember that I've lost one of the hard drives on my VS880 with everything on it few years back. ;(
(that was *the day* I've disided to switch to the computer recording).

As the very last chance I would try to connect this drive directly to the computer and see if its possible to read it, may be something still left there...