BR900 Connecting to PC/Mac

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
anygirl

BR900 Connecting to PC/Mac

Post by anygirl »

Hello! I'm sorry if this has already been asked or if it's a silly question, but I just bought a BR900 CD for my boyfriend's Birthday and after opening it to make sure it survived shipping, I didn't see anything to connect to a PC or Mac. What sort of cable do I need to connect to the computer? THANK YOU!
Audiotech Records

Nice Gift!

Post by Audiotech Records »

Hey nice gift ya got there....You can hook it up to transfer audio via USB...here are some features :

Portable, Reliable 8-Track DAW with Built-in Drums!
The BOSS BR-900CD is the musician's portable dream studio. It's road tough, fun to use, and it performs far beyond its weight class. This reliable all-in-one digital recorder stands out with its professional effects, realistic drum-pattern generator, vocal-correction and Mastering Tool Kit, digital output, and internal CD burner. No matter where you are - in your home studio or on the road - all you'll need is a BR-900CD, and you can write, record, edit, mix, master, and burn a complete polished CD anywhere, anytime.

BOSS BR-900CD Portable Digital Studio at a Glance:

Upgraded digital recorder with CD burner and CompactFlash storage

Quality effects processor enhances tracks

Built-in rhythm programmer makes creating drum tracks easy

USB connection to transfer audio to and from your computer

Transfer audio to and from your computer via USB
Connect the BR-900CD to the outside world with one convenient USB connection. Import and export audio files and song data quickly and easily. Need to add some drum loops or vocal samples to your song? Simply drag and drop your favorite WAV files from USB-equipped computer directly into the BR-900CD. Conversely, you can export audio that you've created internally on the BR-900CD to computers.
anygirl

Re: BR900 Connecting to PC/Mac

Post by anygirl »

Where do I find the USB cord? Sorry, I didn't see one in the box.
Thanks so much for the quick response. I just would hate to give it to him without making sure we can connect.

Also, the free software on the website does not let me save my drum beats. Do you know anything about that?
Sorry for my thousands of questions, but the manual is a novel and I want him to be able to play around with it as soon as he opens it!
Audiotech Records

OK...

Ok.....no problem here....the usb cable should of been in the box...Not sure about that.....but you or he can purchase one at any electronics retailer or online store......Manuals are a muscians best friend...and yest they are long....But that is what is needed to operate these things.....Yeah its like working at NASA,, but you really want to get all you can outta these machines......Most never use the equipment to the fullest...he will learn ,,,,but to answear your questions....let me check...HMMM... I don't know about the software ,,,but I can research it......but you should be able to save anything you made off the machine...its has a preloaded operating system.....now the aftermarket software might be some type of freeware or trial version???
anygirl

Re: BR900 Connecting to PC/Mac

Post by anygirl »

The software I am talking about is free from the Roland website and I am running it on my Mac Book.

What online store should I go to to get a USB cord? I'm a little bothered that it wasn't in the box since it was "factory Sealed" box that I purchased online.
Audiotech Records

Yes, Frustrated...

yes frustrated...ya can be...But you can get this cable at any local dealer....radioshack....etc,,,bestbuy...or any electronic dealer.....www.cablesforless.com or any...just google usb cables...You see on the back of the machine....the little square-ish socket for usb.........you wanna buy that kind of cable that is like that then to the regular usb rectangular size...Im trying to describe as easy as possible.....its usally an "a" to "B" type.....but its easy to get....most use this type.....keyboards, drum machines., printers, dig cams...etc...I hope this helps Anygirl...and Im glad to help as much as I can....! If all esle fails....send to me as gift...??....LOL
Audiotech Records

Another Note...!

Another Note...!....You might wanna get or tell "him" to purchase the dvd manual. This guy is the Sh.......! if ya know what I mean..he does everything for Roland.....its way worth the $$$ and it shows you how to get going fast with it.....I buy every dvd they have avail......here is the guy on youtube...you can search it on the roland site or aftermarket sites....google is your friend.....have a great time ....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17bGX8kKVI

ATR - Audioteh Records