br 900 v2 upgrade

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
nedsmith

br 900 v2 upgrade

Post by nedsmith »

60 year old brain dead newbie, just bought a second hand br 900, I have got a 1g card for it which has initialised OK and is working, so I thought I would upgrade to v2, but I can't get to the root directory, when I open up via usb, I get the br900 coming up as a drive, (presumably correct) but on opening the drive it goes straight to the roland directory? nothing inbetween. any help much appreciated (I am losing hair at a fast rate) Peter Smith
64Guitars

Re: br 900 v2 upgrade

Post by 64Guitars »

The root directory is the highest level directory of a drive. The ROLAND folder is in the root directory. So, if you can see the ROLAND folder but not its contents, then you're in the root directory. Copy the update files so that they're not in the ROLAND folder but along side it (at the same level).

- 64Guitars
http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/
nedsmith

upgrade to v2

Post by nedsmith »

Thanks for that 64 guitars, it worked a treat, I think I was expecting to find 3 old versions of those files at the root location, but there was only the roland folder, I had actualy tried to drop the new files into the br900 drive icon but it rejected, anyway many thanks again. Peter Smith