Edirol PCR 800 issues using external synth while connected t

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Polite Society

Edirol PCR 800 issues using external synth while connected t

Post by Polite Society »

Hi, I just picked up a PCR 800 the other day, because my jx-305 i was using previously as my master keyboard decided it doesn't like playing well with others.

First thing I noticed was the only way to directly control synths on the midi out of the keyboard was that i had to connect up an external power supply and disconnect the usb cable.

It seems that when usb is connected, it directs all keyboard data to usb, and not to the midi out.

I figured this had to be a setting of the keyboard. I poured through the manual for some option that would let me turn it back on, trying a few options that looked possible, but with no success.

Has anyone else got this working properly? I was kind of hoping to only power this via usb, and it would be nice to not have to unplug my usb cable every time switch between programming it and performing with it. It just doesn't seem logical.

From memory, i've tried the merge switches, i've tried omni, and i've tried sys 08? (i think that was the number).

It's kind of annoying you can't edit the system options via the editor. although maybe you can, and i've just missed it.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Blues4dog

Re: Edirol PCR 800 issues using external synth while connect

Post by Blues4dog »

Sys 09 will let you specify the midi merge destination to Port 1, 2 or midi. Depending on what your reqirements are try it with sys 08 both on and off.