Adjusting input/monitor mix on FA-66?

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
FastRedPonyCar

Adjusting input/monitor mix on FA-66?

Post by FastRedPonyCar »

I just got an FA-66 and it's replacing my m-audio fast track pro usb device. the fast track pro has a mix knob on the front that lets me dictate how much of the signal going into the unit is sent out the monitors and how much of the PC audio playback is sent to the monitors. that way if I'm doing DI bass recording, I can have more of the input signal coming from the monitors rather than more PC music playback.

If I'm reading it right, the FA66's "Direct/Monitor" mix knob does this as well but for some reason I don't think it's working like I'm thinking it should work.

I think (and I'm not at home to try this) I'm wondering if I have to turn the unit off, change the soft control button to manual control and THEN turn the unit back on (sort of like what I had to do to change the sample rate)? I haven't tried it but if it doesn't work is there anything else I should try before sending it back for a replacement?

**Edit*** disregard. Yup. Looks like the soft control button operation needed a power off/on to function. yay!