Juno-G recording midi issue

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
John Cagle Sr.

Juno-G recording midi issue

Post by John Cagle Sr. »

Greetings all. Due to work schedules, I've been unable to do any recording for quite some time, and now I have the time once again to get into it. I have an EMU-1212m sound card, and have been recording audio through a Behringer 808 mixer for several years. I'm using Cubase SX v.1.01, and it does everything I need it to do. Anyway, I just bought myself a Roland Juno-G synth for Christmas, and I'm having troubles setting it up. I'm using a USB connection to link the G with my computer, and I'm able to record midi with it. My issue is; I'm not getting any sound through monitoring, and playback I only get through 1 speaker . I can only get playback sound by selecting Microsoft wavesynth(or wavetable). The dropdown menue for the outs has my soundcard listed, but it wont playback when I select anything other than the 2 Microsoft entries. I think my problems lies there. Am I supposed to setup a midi strip in patchmix? I went through my manual before asking here, and I always do that rather than to just try and have someone else solve my problem without trying first the best I can, and I don't see anything that really explains setting up a midi session. I'd be greatful for any help. I'm basically a guitar player, and have done all guitar recording prior to getting this new keyboard, but I've always been able to play enough keyboards to make it sound musical, so I decided to just get me one.
John Sr.