syncing 2 or more VS-1880's or any VS recorders

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
foxfire714

syncing 2 or more VS-1880's or any VS recorders

Post by foxfire714 »

can someone out there help with this,it seems so easy,but i just cannot get my VS-1880's to sync up,ive tried everything i know #1 is the master,#2 is the slave,#1 i set to midiclk transmit,#2 i set to external control,also tried mtc,the manuals don't mention anything,but it is very common from the digital recorders ive used in the past,you can chain together as many as you want.I'll pay a rich ransom to someone who can help me with this. %^(
foxfire714

Re: syncing 2 or more VS-1880's or any VS recorders

Post by foxfire714 »

im going to answer my own thread to myself.I figured it out.VS#1-midi out to VS#2 midi in,VS#2 midi out to VS#1 midi in,set both machines to mtc,VS#1 as master sync set to MTC,error rate to 10,VS#2 set to(slave) ext control,local control off,error rate set to 10,both machines set to transmit and recieve sysex( im sure quite a few of these steps are probably not necessary,but they finally did sync so..........set VS#2 to play,or record+play(standby mode kicks in) hit play
on VS#1 and voila! they both sync perfectly.I was nervous because i picked up
2 VS-1880's,and one VS-1824 with CD burner,hoping(betting)i could sync them up and have much better quality without bouncing tracks and losing fidelity.I bought so many because they are giving these things away right now for less than 300$ ea.Because i only record huge electronic sound/drumscapes,i can only get 6 stereo tracks on one machine,with perfect fidelity,so now i have 18 stereo tracks,no bouncing,and highest fidelity,all of them going analog out to an EDIROL 10 channel digital mixer and going optical out to my DAT or CD recorder. %^)