linked VS 1880's master problems-HELP!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
foxfire714

linked VS 1880's master problems-HELP!

Post by foxfire714 »

Hi friendly's,listen,i have 2 VS-1880's linked,and the only thing that allows these machines to sync is the sysex rx,tx and MTC.So, what is happening is the master is controlling both machines volumes,and i cannot turn down or mix tracks evenly as it automatically tosses them at master level volume,and no matter if i adjust the volumes of the slave machine,it is automatically driving them at max level,which is around 70,so its not blasting the volume its just not allowing independant control of both machines volume levels.SO for now,i send the master outputs of both machines into my Edirol 10 channel mixer,and controlling the volume there,is there any reason you know of that the master is controlling all volumes on all tracks at peak level?These machines are a little tricky for my understanding,as im not professional,but im confused by this.I really want to control 3 machines,and im sure that i can,but this is tossing my brain into overload,why such a touchy machine? You would think they designed these things to be friendly to each other,no engineer i know of would design such a strange bunch of complications when they are the same machine type,and should automatically sync,by midi alone..like my SP-808 groove sampler does,actually syncs anything to midi clock and vice versa.The resolution on the SP-808 is just not high enough,so i went to the 24 bit route and these things seem to not want to cooperate,i am getting great recordings no doubt,awesome sounding if i dont merge tracks on top of each other,im absolutely impressed with the higher resolution,i love the machines.Just don't understand them and they don't understand me,i have 22 inch biceps by the way,don't they fear me?