microphone for micro br

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
wwagmeister

microphone for micro br

Post by wwagmeister »

can i use a standard mic to record with br or is the impedance different as with computer mics, can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive mic to work ok ,like to hear of your experiences
many thanx
Know1

What are you recording?

Post by Know1 »

To be honest I wasn't sure what the micro br was so I just took a look at it. Your not going to have any impedance problems. If you can find a cable or an adapter that goes from XLR to mini phone you shouldn't have a problem.
If you're recording bass it looks like there is a 1/4 in. line in. Plugging directly into that will work for guitar as well but you may not get the sound you're looking for.
As far as an inexpensive mic that sounds decent on a guitar cab, well, what's inexpensive for you.
The shure SM57 is a rather inexpensive mic. You can probably find one for around $80-$100.
The Sennheiser MD 421 sounds great it's a little bit more expensive though. You might be able to find one for around $300.
Sennheiser also makes the e609, you can probably find one for around $100. I have not personally heard the e609 but if it sounds anything like their famous MD409, I'd grab one.
Of course there are many mics out there these few don't even begin to scratch the surface. I hope I was helpful to you.... Good luck.
TheOtherEric

Re: microphone for micro br

Post by TheOtherEric »

I've used the built in mic, it really isn't so bad. I also bought this Sony electret condenser mic for stereo recording:

ECM-DS70P

It is normally used for a digital camcorder but works good with the micro br, the micro br can also supply the power to the mic.

I bought mine from a Co. in Hong Kong off of ebay. Here is an ebay link, though this isn't the seller I bought mine from, just for illustration of the type and model of microphone I bought (iow, I am not recommending this auction).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-ECM-DS70P-Micr ... 760wt_1167

I've also found helpful information at http://bossbr.net/